Thursday, August 26, 2004

Pentacle

One of the things I learned, and can clearly see now, is I have 'A beautiful pentacle in your left hand, that is protecting you and should help you if you try to explore other fields and find a use for all the intelligence and creativity you seem to be wasting'.



Pentacle?
Originally uploaded by okokitsme.




Pentagrams and Pentacles seem to be, quite truly, a sign of protection, of 'lucky star' -which I know I have, believe it or not!- and of white magic. It is also associated to the feminine, to the godesses, to nature... and commonly to Satan worship, as a later use.


I am once again seeing a line in my recent readings and interests:

  • I was fascinated to learn about Justo Gallego. He is building a cathedral in the outskirts of Madrid, out of debris and donations.
  • Have just finished reading 'Touch' by Elmore Leonard, where this guy Juvenal has stigmata and the power to heal people and uses it at an AA detox centre.
  • Am reading 'The Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown, where the Pentacle and the Divine Goddess is explored

These books have probably been chosen because of my mood, but I had started reading the Da Vinci Code before having my palms read.

Introspection is the name of the game.

2 comments:

Okok said...

Actually, I *am* enjoying The Da Vinci Code. Reminds me a bit of the Eco novels, more than teh pseudo historic babble someone told me it was.

Was about not to read it. But too many people I trust said I'd like it. *Even* if it's in fashion and a bestseller.

Sorry, Mary-Anne! I know you didn't like it ;D -ooooooops! and I finally DIDN'T go to see the free pass of 'Bowling for Columbine'. Double oops!

Okok said...

Just uploaded a photo of my pentacle, so I included it in this post in case anyone still is going to read it... I mean, I keep bumping into blogs I like, and end up reading them from the beguinning ;)