Monday, April 25, 2005

New Sighting

Remember The Man, The Macho Borracho? Well, he might have been out of sight, but not out of mind...

I had been wondering if he'd even left town, or moved elsewhere. I had horrible visions of him finally finding His Woman in the -must admit, quite interesting- woman I last saw him with. Hadn't bumped into him since September, living only a metro stop away from him and having the habit of passing by similar areas...

I finally saw him pass by the window while eating a sandwich at a bar near his flat -don't know EXACTLY where, but I do now it's near that building X"D. That was just after Easter.

This Saturday I finally got to see him again, and thought mught have a chance to talk. But he was absent. Strange. Probably feeling down, not himself. Not dancing. Not even drinking. Just talking now and then to people who went up to him. When I moved up to him, making a casual remark -Not dancing? Lack of space or lack of energy?- he was sort of apathic, moody. He talked to me a bit, but I saw it was best to leave him to his thoughts.

As I watched him later on, he was still the same, talking to a friend, and soon left.

God, how I wish I could get closer. It was, actually, the time I've felt less warmth and response to me since we met, years and years ago. Must stop being childish -shhhhh!

0 comments: